It is currently September 1st, 2014, 6:22 pm

Yay! Barrie Tenant Fights Back on Kijiji!!


All times are UTC - 5 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Unread postPosted: June 15th, 2011, 9:34 pm   

Joined: March 23rd, 2011, 1:08 pm
Posts: 138
ATTENTION LANDLORDS!!! Discrimination Against Families with Kids

Date Listed 15-Jun-11
Last Edited 15-Jun-11
Address Barrie, ON, Canada

To all who have declined applications and been rude with us about our children you have all been reported and i thought you may want to read this ! just in case you think you have the right to refuse kids! when you have a 4 or 3 bedroom house for rent and you tell the family with kids i don't want children in the house would you honestly rather a bunch of frat boys drinking and partying in your place i mean come on serious think family OR party boys??? the obvious answer for all you prudes is FAMILY!!

The Federal Fair Housing Act (FFHA) forbids discrimination because a tenant is disabled or based on race, religion, nationality, skin color or gender. Landlords cannot discriminate against people who have children under 18, women who are pregnant, or people who are in the process of adopting a child. Under the FFHA, landlords cannot refuse to rent to someone for any of these reasons, nor can a landlord discriminate in rules, services or policies. For example, a landlord cannot charge a family with children a greater security deposit than a married couple with no children.

It is illegal for a landlord to refuse to rent to a single parent or family with children. For example, a single woman applies to rent a one bedroom apartment with her six year old daughter. The landlord tells her that children have to have their own bedroom, so they cannot rent the one bedroom apartment. The landlord has just discriminated against this woman because of the fact that she had a child.

Another example, a landlord declines to rent an apartment to a single male, saying that he doesn't want the rental to become a bachelor pad. The landlord prefers to rent to a family. The landlord has just discriminated against this man.

Another example, a landlord tells a family with children that he does not want to rent an upstairs apartment to them because children are too noisy when they live upstairs. This is illegal as a landlord cannot refuse to rent any portion of a complex to a family.

Another example, a landlord only permits families with children to live in a certain portion of the complex. This is illegal as a landlord cannot force families with children to live solely in a predetermined area. Families are permitted to live in any area of a complex, even if other tenants think that they will be noisy.

It is illegal to refuse to rent to people with children. A single mother in British Columbia was refused rental accommodation many times by landlords discriminating against children. She took complaints about five landlords to the BC Human Rights Commission and won compensation in all five cases.

SEE YOU IN COURT AND I AM SURE THERE WILL BE A LANDLORD OUT THERE MORE THEN WILLING TO RENT TO ME WHILE I SPEND YOUR MONEY!!

http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell- ... Z290896853


Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 15th, 2011, 9:44 pm   

Joined: September 27th, 2010, 8:15 pm
Posts: 444
Kijiji Ontario > Barrie > buy and sell > other

I've rejected plenty of applicants.


Last edited by jjcc on June 15th, 2011, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 15th, 2011, 9:45 pm   
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2009, 1:13 pm
Posts: 490
Location: Not so Great(er) Toronto Area
How did they fight back?

PS- I don't mind renting to families with good credit, actually I prefer it.

Dazed


Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 15th, 2011, 9:48 pm   

Joined: May 31st, 2011, 5:29 pm
Posts: 91
I am sorry but no way in hell am I renting to some woman who has more then one child and is under 25. But you will never know why I didnt choose her.

One mistake ill give you but more then that F off you will not live in one of my houses.

I was a single mom and a dam responsible one, however MOST are not they are popping out kids to get bigger baby checks.


Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 15th, 2011, 9:52 pm   

Joined: April 17th, 2010, 2:36 pm
Posts: 891
Location: Landlord for 18 months, sold. Now back, smarter.
Starbreeze wrote:
I am sorry but no way in hell am I renting to some woman who has more then one child and is under 25. But you will never know why I didnt choose her.

One mistake ill give you but more then that F off you will not live in one of my houses.

I was a single mom and a dam responsible one, however MOST are not they are popping out kids to get bigger baby checks.

Starbreeze Which area of Ontario are you located in?

I would love to find a family that want to put in roots in the nice area where my rental is. I won't even raise your rent for years, just pay the rent and don't wreck the property!

I can't find you.


Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 15th, 2011, 10:05 pm   

Joined: May 31st, 2011, 5:29 pm
Posts: 91
New wrote:
Starbreeze wrote:
I am sorry but no way in hell am I renting to some woman who has more then one child and is under 25. But you will never know why I didnt choose her.

One mistake ill give you but more then that F off you will not live in one of my houses.

I was a single mom and a dam responsible one, however MOST are not they are popping out kids to get bigger baby checks.

Starbreeze Which area of Ontario are you located in?

I would love to find a family that want to put in roots in the nice area where my rental is. I won't even raise your rent for years, just pay the rent and don't wreck the property!

I can't find you.

I was a single mom for years now im a landlord work 12 hours a day 7 days a week to buy a property for my retirement :) However if I lose everything I may be looking for a place think you can find me and my 4 lb dog a home to rent :) A few weeks back I considered dumping the place and filing for bankruptcy.


Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 15th, 2011, 10:06 pm   

Joined: April 17th, 2010, 2:36 pm
Posts: 891
Location: Landlord for 18 months, sold. Now back, smarter.
I'm wondering what area you are in? Because I'm looking at new areas to invest in.


Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 16th, 2011, 4:16 am   
User avatar

Joined: June 21st, 2010, 2:46 pm
Posts: 655
Location: Toronto, Ontario
She's not technically "fighting back" until there's a real hearing. Those words could have been written by anyone, even parker


Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 16th, 2011, 12:31 pm   

Joined: May 9th, 2011, 9:37 pm
Posts: 283
Location: Banned for 2 weeks
c0ntra wrote:
She's not technically "fighting back" until there's a real hearing. Those words could have been written by anyone, even parker

i request you retract your statement as it is untrue and leads me to fear for the safety of my family.


Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 16th, 2011, 5:41 pm   
User avatar

Joined: June 21st, 2010, 2:46 pm
Posts: 655
Location: Toronto, Ontario
parker2 wrote:
c0ntra wrote:
She's not technically "fighting back" until there's a real hearing. Those words could have been written by anyone, even parker

i request you retract your statement as it is untrue and leads me to fear for the safety of my family.


That's nice. I don't care


Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 16th, 2011, 6:42 pm   
User avatar

Joined: August 8th, 2009, 1:55 pm
Posts: 7011
I think like so many posts that have been made in the tenant forum, there is more to this storey.

Does it REALLY make sense that several landlords who are renting 3 or 4 bedroom house are refusing to rent to families with children?

Again...........this doesnt sound right.

If you are a landlord with a 3 or 4 bedroom house, you KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt (unless you are located next to a university or college), that virtually ALL of the applicants you will get will be families with children.

Why would you even buy such a property to rent out if you were going to reject almost every applicant that applied to rent it?? :o

I wonder if the landlords are reluctant to rent to this particuliar party for other reasons??


Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 16th, 2011, 6:44 pm   
User avatar

Joined: August 8th, 2009, 1:55 pm
Posts: 7011
i request you retract your statement as it is untrue and leads me to fear for the safety of my family.[/quote]

-ironic you say that, I also fear for my safety and am worried about my rentals being vandalized as threats by posters claiming to be tenants have been made against me.


Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 16th, 2011, 10:10 pm   

Joined: May 9th, 2011, 9:37 pm
Posts: 283
Location: Banned for 2 weeks
Skitter wrote:
-ironic you say that, I also fear for my safety and am worried about my rentals being vandalized as threats by posters claiming to be tenants have been made against me.

you have not been attacked as i have been. i feel seriously threatened here and am getting fed up with the attacks on my family.


Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 16th, 2011, 10:30 pm   

Joined: September 12th, 2009, 12:28 pm
Posts: 3004
Location: toronto Burlington Orillia
I am selling my Orillia property because I cant stand the traveling but I dont even advertise anymore
as I can find tenants from work of mouth ,. working tenants recomending tenants
My Orillia property I have a working tenant , and he even gave me letters from the 'chief of police and two Professors
I know the Professors , so they arnt fake letters

my income is now stable and I am picky about who I rent to
I rent only to families and working tenants good credit rating , good job , long term employment

I cant and wont rent to anyone on assistance , the goverment has let me down too much

I blame drugs and the growing problem on the population , addicts are older , less finacially secure and have been raised by addicts
so there is no positve role model


Top
 Profile  
 Unread postPosted: June 17th, 2011, 10:13 am   
User avatar

Joined: August 8th, 2009, 1:55 pm
Posts: 7011
you have not been attacked as i have been. i feel seriously threatened here and am getting fed up with the attacks on my family.[/quote]

-oh yes I have!

Not only have threats been made against me by those claiming to be tenant activsts, they also threatened to "visit" my rental properties.

I also have direct info of one high profile member slandering me.........guess he never thought I would learn of it.

I have at great personal risk made my name public. Now these same people know who I am, where I live and who knows what else.

We have seen how activists at the G20 behaved..........the threats made against me are very real.

But dont flatter yourself, this post isnt about you or me.

I am personally suspicious that the orig poster hasnt given us all the information..............landlords with 4 bedroom houses that wont rent to families with kids???...........come on..................this isnt passing the common sense test!


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Becky88, ODSPer, Yahoo [Bot] and 128 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Style originally created by Volize © 2003 • Redesigned SkyLine by MartectX © 2008 - 2010